|Axis & Allies Miniatures Scenario Contest: Official Rules|
Official Rules: Axis & Allies Miniatures Scenario Contest
- No purchase necessary. The Axis & Allies Miniatures Scenario Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States subject to eligibility requirements below. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. PST on February 9th, 2006 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on March 13th, 2006. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (“Wizards”). YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States ages thirteen (13) and over. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
How to enter:Axis & Allies Miniatures Scenarios provide players with historical and non-historical situations to recreate using their miniatures with the ideal of providing a fast, fun and well balanced gaming experience.
Provide your own original Scenario Article, up to 1500 words in length, and yours may be chosen to appear in the official Scenarios column on the Axis & Allies Miniatures website. Entries must follow the format given in the Scenario Writer’s Template or they will not be judged. The Axis & Allies Miniatures web site has a large number of scenarios which writers may draw upon for examples of style and presentation.
Submit your Contest entry to Wizards in one of two (2) ways:
- E-mail it, in Microsoft® Word format, to email@example.com, with “AAM Scenario Contest” in the subject line. Please include your name, postal address, and telephone number.
- Send it, typewritten, on 8½” x 11 sheets of paper to Wizards of the Coast, Attn: Online Media, Axis & Allies Minis Scenario Contest, 1600 Lind Ave. SW, Ste 400, Renton WA 98055. Please include your name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number.
All entries must be received by Wizards no later than March 13th, 2006. Limit one entry per person. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Judging: A committee determined by Wizards serving as judges of the Contest will review all eligible entries and will select the one (a) best scenario, based on the following criteria: writing (30%), originality (30%), and playability (40%). Ties, if any, will be broken by re-judging exclusively against the first criterion. The winner will be determined by Wizards on or before March 20th, 2006. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the judges' decisions and waive any right to appeal. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the information they provided within three (3) days after attempts are made, winner will be disqualified and prize may not be awarded in Wizard’s sole discretion.
Prize and Approximate Retail Value:
One (1) winner will have his or her winning entry edited by Wizards editorial staff and published on the Axis & Allies website located at http://www.axisandallies.com. Winner will also receive one hundred dollars ($100 USD) and a complete set of miniatures from the upcoming Contested Skies expansion. Approximate retail value of prize is $250.00.
Prize is not transferable. Winner will be required to sign and return, within five (5) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. In the event the winner is a minor, the winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the aforementioned document. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner’s disqualification.
- Conditions: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she is the sole author of his or her entry, that he or she owns the copyright in and to his or her entry, and that the entry does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade dress rights, or rights of publicity). By entering this Contest, entrant hereby assigns to Wizards all intellectual property rights in and to his or her entry. The entry is the property of Wizards, and upon Wizards’ request, entrant will execute any documents necessary to effectuate such ownership. Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. Failure to comply with The Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts (a) to enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) to disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Copyright 2006 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.