|Axis and Allies Miniatures Expert Rules|
AAM Expert Rules (V1.2):
Important: We will be testing, changing, and improving the rules for the next 2-3 weeks. If you want add your comments please go to our boards. Note these rules are in addition to the ones posted in the previous weeks. We have set up a special set of forums just to discuss these proposed rules. This update only pertains to the following rules. These changes build upon Expert Rules V1.0 and Expert Rules V1.1.
Platoon cards are now available. Platoon cards cost a set amount and provide multiple units for one fixed cost. Like standard units they are subject to nationality. The total number of figures in the platoon counts against the total unit limit. (i.e. If there are 5 units in the platoon, you can only take another 10 units in a standard scenario of 15 unit max).
New Platoon Cards
- Chinese Infantry Platoon: 1x Kuomintang Officer, 5x Kuomintang Riflemen, 1x Kuomintang Machine-Gun Team = 15 points.
- Hungarian Platoon: 1x Tenacious Officer, 4x 8mm Huzagol 35M, 1x 37mm Light Antitank Gun = 16 points.
- Italian Infantry Platoon: 1x Stalwart Lieutenant, 3x Fucile Modello 1891, Breda Modello 37 = 15 points.
- Italian Blackshirt Platoon: 1x Stalwart Lieutenant, 3x Blackshirts, 1x Brixia M35 45mm Mortar = 15 points.
- Romanian Antitank Platoon: 1x Vigilant Lieutenant, 2x Antitank Grenadier, 2x Bohler 47mm Antitank Gun = 22 points.
- French Heavy Tank Platoon: 3x Char B1-bis = 57 points.
- French Cavalry Tank Platoon: 3x Somua S-35 = 37 points.
- German Tank Hunting Platoon: 1x Jagdpanther, 2x Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer = 58 points.
- Italian Light Tank Platoon: 4x L3/35 = 31 points.
Elite (5/5) Infantry:
There has been concern over the power level of soldiers with 5 defense, making 4 defense soldiers of limited value. Game play has shown that 4 defense soldiers are used very little compared to the elite infantry. We think that Platoon Cards will go a long ways towards redressing this imbalance, but we are also considering one of the following additional rule changes.
- Soldiers with 5 defense are also treated as special units (limit of 2 special units per 100 points).
- Soldiers in open terrain have a max defense of 4.
- Soldiers that do not move or attack for 2 complete turns may ‘Dig In’ and gain +1 defense (max 5).
We are not sure that a rule along these lines is necessary, but is under serious consideration.
Single Nationality Armies:
In order to encourage the use of historical armies and to aid the smaller nations we are adding the following. If your army consists of only 1 nationality you can gain additional bonuses. The bonuses are to your starting allowable forces, both in allowable points and number of units.
Instead of the standard 100 points and 15 units if your army has only 1 nationality the following limits apply:
- Soviet Union: 105 points, 17 units.
- France: 110 points 15 units.
- China: 110 points, 22 units.
- Italy: 110 points, 17 units.
- Japan: 110 points, 15 units.
- Rumania: 115 points, 18 units.
- Hungarian: 115 points, 18 units.
- Poland: 115 points, 18 units.
- U.K./Australia/Canada: 105 points, 15 units (any combination of U.K. + Australian + Canadian units).
- U.S., Germany: no change.
For larger scale battles these limits apply per 100 points. For example: In a 200 point army, you may field 110 points of Italian units and an additional 100 points of other axis units, or you may field 220 points of Italian units.
These numbers are still quite in flux, player input on this particular rule, on the appropriate number of points and/or units would be helpful.