D&D Podcast: Dragon Magazine, Questions, and Gaming
Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Rodney Thompson
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer. (51.9 Mbs, 35:18 minutes)
In this episode, we look back at Dragon magazine, as we celebrate the 400th issue and 35th anniversary celebrations. Plus, more of your questions answered—and what games R&D is playing these days, both at the office and at home!
Mike Mearls looks back at the past issues of Dragon magazine that have resonated with him—especially considering their cover art. As an enhanced segment of the podcast, we've included the magazine cover art that corresponds with the conversation. When playing in iTunes, be sure to click the "Show or Hide Item Artwork and Video Viewer" arrow to show the artwork. Then, click on the artwork for a larger view.
Each podcast, we look to answer your questions! As always, if you have questions of your own, send them our way at email@example.com. This time, readers ask:
- Lucas asks, if I use a power that says move 6 squares while my character is slowed—is this an intentional design mechanism to make certain powers advantageous in certain situations?
- Ryan asks, do you provoke opportunity attacks if you use ranged attacks on prone targets that are adjacent to you (the Zomebieland double-tap)?
- Russell asks, in what order do beginning of turn effects go off?
In this segment, Rodney discusses the release of Conquest of Nerath, the latest D&D board game, and how it’s being played around the office. Also, inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2 are out on the PS3, with comparisons made to a D&D sandbox campaign.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
To subscribe to the Dungeons & Dragons podcast:
If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Dungeons & Dragons podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download the latest version of iTunes
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --- Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/dnd/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --- Preferences --- Podcast).