oming this fall, Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 fans can "Ascend Into Darkness" with new art and cards, new decks, new campaign levels, new challenges and more on their Xbox 360, PC, or PS3 in the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 Expansion.
New features include sneak previews of six Innistrad cards and the ability for players to take on the role of the Archenemy. There will be eleven new single-player campaign levels where you must defeat three Planeswalkers as the Archenemy, and you can create multiplayer games and choose to play either as the Archenemy or as a Planeswalker battling to take down the Archenemy. Players will also be introduced to Ral Zarek, a new Planeswalker exclusive to Duels 2012.
Here are the highlights of the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 Expansion:
- Three new playable decks: Liliana Vess's "Grave Whispers" deck, Ajani Goldmane's "Auramancer" deck, and Ral Zarek's "Cloudburst" deck
- Six exclusive sneak-preview cards from the upcoming Innistrad expansion
- Players can become the Archenemy in single-player and online multiplayer formats
- Six new single-player campaign levels and eleven Archenemy single-player campaign levels
- Four Archenemy challenges
- Four additional card unlocks for all thirteen Duels 2012 decks
- New achievements on Xbox, Steam, and PlayStation
- New loading screens featuring art and text exclusive to the Duels 2012 Expansion
Can't wait until early fall? Come by the Magic booth at PAX on August 25-28 to play the expansion before it goes on sale!