At this time, the Judge Program would like to hear from judges interested in working at Pro Tour San Diego 2010 (including Public Events or as volunteers). We have a number of sponsorship opportunities for judges at Pro Tour San Diego, California held February 19 –21, 2010 for the start of the 2010 season.
We are looking for judges who would like an opportunity to gain experience working with some of the best players and judges in the world. Participating at an event like this is also a great way to gain the experience needed to build skills and advance within the Judge Program. It's also a chance to see other areas of the world and make friends who share your interests. The sponsorship application process is open and will close November 20, 2009 for full, room, and travel sponsorships. We will continue to take volunteers after this date (though early volunteers are preferred).
If you wish to apply for sponsorship for this event, you must use the form submission.
Use the "Email Us" tab. Choose Topic: WPN Organizer>Judges>Sponsorship
Complete the form using Pro Tour San Diego as the subject.
* Available 3:00PM Thursday until Sunday 10PM.
* Have up-to-date contact information
* Must be 18 years of age or older for sponsorship. Under 18 may volunteer.
* Fluent enough in English to operate at a Magic tournament.
* Highly proficient with current Magic rules and current with policies.
* Must be able to respond to emails within 72 hours with regards to travel arrangements and scheduling.
* Will be required to submit reviews on fellow judges after the event.
What is Expected?
* You will bring four days of judging attire, including a Judge shirt, black pants, and black shoes. Judge shirts will be available onsite while supplies last.
* You will judge the main event and / or public events Thursday through Sunday evening. This will require very long days with minimal breaks. Some schedules may include working public events past midnight.
* You will prepare for the event thoroughly by reviewing all available rules, policies, and procedures and by responding to the organizers as required within 72 hours.
What is Not Paid For? (This is a partial list of common assumptions.)
* Meals (Each Judge will receive a small lunch per diem or some but not all food will be provided).
* Taxi, bus, or train fares, etc.
* Hotel room incidentals (room service, movies, laundry, etc).
* Ticket change fees (if you change your ticket, you pay all related fees).
Room Sponsorship Information:
* You will be sharing a hotel room with at least one other judge.
* Additional guests including other judges, spouses, friends, volunteers, players, and significant others are not permitted to stay with you.
* Your hotel will be paid for starting the day before the event until the event is completed. If you wish to stay longer or arrive earlier, you must make these arrangements for yourself.
* There is limited availability to conduct Level 3 judge testing. Judges intending to test, please note this in your application under Message. Applicants will be checked for recent L3 recommendation , L3 practice test, and certification of new judges before acceptance. Due to limited time and staff, candidates wishing to be tested may not always be tested.
* If you are not chosen, don't take it personally. More judges apply for spaces than are available, and any given selection is based on event and program needs, not personal preferences.
* Preference is given to L2 and L3 judges, with a number of L4+ judges for program functions, and a small number of L1 judges.