Grand Prix Sapporo 2000 Fact Sheet
Grand Prix Sapporo
Pro Tour Los Angeles Qualifier
September 23 - 24, 2000
The Grand Prix tournament series is an international
circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple
invitations to Pro Tour events.
Tournament Format & Schedule
- The format for Grand Prix - Sapporo will be DCITM Sealed-Deck with Rochester-Draft finals.
- Saturday, September 23: Grand Prix registration, 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
- Saturday, September 23: Grand Prix tournament begins at 9:00 A.M. Top 64 players advance to Sunday.
- Sunday, September 24: Finals begin at 9:00 A.M.
N 2, E 4, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0031
Tournament Preregistration & Player Contact
Preregister by September 9
Japan DCI Tournament Center
Contact for Non-Japanese Players
Laura Waniuk, Events Manager Asia Pacific & Latin America
Tel: (425) 204-7284
Chris Zantides, Level IV Judge
- The main tournament at Grand Prix - Sapporo is open to Magic® players of all ages.
In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation shall be extended to the next-best finisher in that Grand Prix. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Tournament Format
The format for Grand Prix - Sapporo will be Sealed Deck with Rochester-Draft finals. All DCI Sealed-Deck rules and Magic Floor Rules will be announced on September 1, 2000, along with all subsequent updates, will be enforced.
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix - Sapporo will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds, number of rounds determined by number of participants), with the Top 64 players advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year.)
To be announced.
Grand Prix - Sapporo will feature a total purse of USD $25,000, including the rating-flag payouts.
- Grand Prix - Sapporo Trial tournament
- The InvasionTM expansion Prerelease tournament (September 23)
- Pro Tour - Los Angeles Qualifier tournament (September 24)
- Eight-person, on-demand tournaments
- Artist signings
Artist Signing Schedule:
Saturday & Sunday - 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm until 6:00pm
Hotel Clubby Sapporo
N 2, E 3, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
(011) 242-1111 *** 50
Sapporo, Japan Local Information
Currency Exchange Information
Map of Japan
Map of Hokkaido Region